Friday, May 15, 2009

Volunteering For Jesus

Do you volunteer
for things in your church? They say that 20% of the people (on average) volunteer, that leaves 80% of the people that do NOT volunteer their time to help others in need.

Is that what Jesus would do? Of course not, Jesus wants us to give our time, money and resources to the least of these.

Let's see what the Holy Bible tells us about giving to others:

Deuteronomy 15:11 For there will never cease to be poor in the land. Therefore I command you, ‘You shall open wide your hand to your brother, to the needy and to the poor, in your land.’

Proverbs 11:25 Whoever brings blessing will be enriched, and one who waters will himself be watered.

James 2:15-16 If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, and one of you says to them, "Go in peace, be warmed, and filled.", without giving them things needed for the body, what good is that?

In this busy world, we are all busy with our own lives and sometimes we scarcely remember to thank God for all our blessings. Sometimes we think mainly of ourselves and forget that there are those that need our help. Is that what Jesus wants for our lives? You know the answer.

Go to your church or give them a call and ask them what you can do to help out.

The more people that volunteer to help, the less burden will be on the shoulders of a few.

Pray to God and ask Him what He thinks you would be best at doing. We all have things we are good at and things we are not so good at. We compliment each other in that way.

Lord, grant me the wisdom and the fortitude to do more for my church and therefore more for You, My Lord Jesus. In Jesus' Holy Name I pray, AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments here. Keep it clean and on topic.