Jesus is salvation from the Father's outstretched arm. He is the Son of God and the Son of Man. He is Immanuel- God with us. The very meaning of the name, Immanuel shows that Jesus Christ is deity.
Isaiah 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel. (KJV)
Jesus' birth fulfilled countless prophecies. There is no need to look further than Jesus Christ for the Messiah.
If you are still searching for or waiting for the Messiah, there is no need to continue looking, Jesus fulfilled these prophecies concerning the coming Messiah:
- He is a descendent of Abraham
- He is a descendent of Isaac
- He is a descendent of Jacob
- He descended from the tribe of Judah
- He was born in Bethlehem
- He was born of a virgin
- Infants were slaughtered
- He escaped to Egypt as a child
- He ministered in Galilee and along the Jordan River
- The Jewish people rejected him
- He had the character of wisdom and understanding
- His triumphant entry on a donkey in Jerusalem was prophesied to the day
- A close friend betrayed him
- He was betrayed for thirty pieces of silver
- The money was returned and used to buy the potters field
- He was silent during His trial
- He suffered for others
- He was crucified with sinners
- His feet and hands were pierced by nails
- He was mocked and insulted by the very people he came to save
- He was given gall and vinegar to drink
- His side was pierced with a spear
- Soldiers cast lots for His clothes
- None of His bones were broken
- He was buried in a rich man's tomb
- He resurrected after His death
- He ascended into heaven
Jesus was born so that all nations and all peoples might be saved. He is salvation in human form. His sacrifice upon the cross did away with the blood of lambs, calves, and goats once and for all. From the time Adam and Eve fell, all mankind was slave to sin, death, and the grave. Man could only enter into a relationship with God the Father through the righteous acts of the law.
I pray that if you are not right with God, that you will ask God to forgive you of your sins. He is a loving God and if you believe that God sent His only Son to earth to die for you so that you might have eternal life and believe that Jesus died on the cross for you and rose again 3 days later, you can have that free gift that God is offering to all of us. Read your Bible which is Gods Word, find a church that is a true Bible believing church. I recommend a good Pentecostal church.
I remember when I first started going to church I was not comfortable there. That is because sin is not comfortable in the sight of God. Once I had been there a couple of weeks and I asked God to forgive me of a life full of sin, I became very comfortable and in fact now I can't wait for Sunday mornings and Wednesday evening Bible Study.
May God bless each of you that read this blog. In Jesus Holy Name I pray. Amen.